Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lemon Herbal Zen Cheesecake ( w. picture instructions)

May2, 2013













This is a really short and simple entry because this cheesecake is super easy to make. Basically you just mix all the ingredients all together and bake. If you are lazy like me, just buy those pre-made crust from the store, this is actually the first time i made a crust out of crackers, and i have to say, vegetable crackers do not make good crusts.(><) Anyways, whenever I'm feeling lazy, but I have to make something to please, this is my go to recipe, usually I would add a cup of peach yogurt to lighten up the cheesecake. I've also tried black tea, oreo....i have to say, the oreo one turned out super good. oohhhh, and if put in freezer for 20 minutes, it will taste like cheesecake ice cream too. I will stop now....(this is suppose to be a short blog....-_-'')



Ingredients
Cream Cheese      500g (room temp)
Egg                       2
Sugar                    60g
Milk                      3-5 tbsp (more milk, less cracks)
Pastry Flour           2tbsp
Vanilla Extract (Optional): 3-4 drops
As you can see there is a difference in the listed ingredients versus what the picture says. The listed is what I used to use, but because I didn't have time to buy more cream cheese, so I only used what is left and cut down the ingredients, which the cake did not turn out as expected. So use the ingredients listed above for more rich and creamier taste. 



Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350F.
1: Beat softened creamcheese until smooth.
2: Add eggs one at a time, beat until well mixed
3: Add sugar, mix well
4: Add milk, flour, mix well
5: Add vanilla extract (optional)
6: Pour batter onto crust.
Bake 50-55 minutes. Turn off the oven let the cheesecake stay in the oven for ~30 min. (but if you see cracks, then take it out sooner)
Chill for 3-4 hours, and put in the fridge overnight to let the cake set. 
Enjoy...

1 comment: