Sunday, August 4, 2013

[FancyAssInstantNoodle] 韓國冷麵Korean Cold Noodle

Aug 4, 2013


I've always loved instant noodles (only the Asian brands), and I think instant noodles runs in my blood. THAT is how much I love my instant noodles. I have developed many ways to eat my instant noodles too. But today, I am going to share a recent favourite of mine, which is Korean cold noodle.

I love cold noodles in the summer, they are refreshing and calming and makes me actually look forward to having a meal. I saw this instant noodle on a random blog when I was researching for actual recipes to make Korean noodle, so when I saw this at the supermarket, I was so excited to try it out. It's a bit pricey compare to other noodle ( A package of 4, $ 5.99 if I remember correctly)

Even though this is "Instant" Noodle, still took me 20 min to make because as you can tell from the picture, I've added the soft boiled egg, chopped up and seasoned cucumbers and veggie meat (Tofu curd?) It takes about same time as I make my Japanese cold noodle from scratch. but then this tastes so good it's worth it~

So, this is what the package looks like, just looking at the picture is making me drool all over my keyboard...
 The content, includes mustard sauce, seasoning flakes ( dried veggies like cucumber, cabbage...) soup base which is made from Korean pear and raddish (website) and of course the noodle
 As for the instruction, I just follow the instruction on the back of the package.
I wanted to achieve the look on the package, so I "had" to boil some egg ( I have to have my soft boiled egg on my noodle) Easiest way is to cook them together  (Don't worry I washed my egg before boiling it with noodle) The noodle takes about 3-5 minutes to cook depending on your taste, soft boiled egg in my experience is between 6-8 minutes. I didn't keep track of time this time, but when my noodles are done, I just left the egg in the remaining hot water for another 2 minutes, while rinsing noodle under cold water.

* Keep moving the egg when boiling so it cooks evenly, or else one side will be easy to peel the other side is not ready and you are going to make a mess.

*To make the flavoured soft boiled egg like the ones in Japanese Ramen shop, just put the peeled soft boiled egg in a zip lock bag filled with seasoning sauce for overnight

 For the cold soup, I added the water below the line of the container and then ice, so that when it melted the soup wont be too diluted
 Then add the mustard sauce
 The package says use room temperature, I say use hot water, when it's done just rince with cold water
 Assemble! Presentation is really important~~~just add your favourite toppings, or whatever is left in the fridge that you want to get ride of (That's what I usually do, and I can't stand eating instant noodle without adding anything to it.)

andddddddddddddddddddddddddd,  pour in the soup and enjoy~

-The End-

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria for stopping by and leaving comments~ I feel your love and support :D

      Delete