Monday, January 27, 2014

抹茶小餅干 Matcha Sugar Cookie

Jan 27, 2014

I feel like today, Monday Jan 27, 2014 is the day to update my blog, haha because I am spontaneously like that...

Past few month has been busy, lots of thinking, not a lot of baking, because I lost track in the middle of thinking and go to a really bad place where I could not get out. But it's all good now, and I will try to bake more goodies~ because that is what I love to do and enjoyed doing.

Today I will share a easy recipe for Matcha Sugar Cookie.


 Ingredients includes Matcha powder, Butter, flour, powered sugar. THATS IT! 
Cannot be simpler than that...

Before getting my Matcha powder, I had the green tea powder I bought from T&T, not saying it's really "cheap stuff" but I tried making "green tea latte" with it and cakes with it. The cake was fine, but making drinks out of that powder was not successful, the colour is awful and it taste awful too no matter how I tried to make it work. Over the weekend, I made a trip to J-Town and picked up the real Matcha powder, they were expensive, but it was so effing worth it!  As you can see from the picture, first the colour is so much more vibrant and "greener". It's not bitter, just a light Matcha flavour which is perfect for my short bread cookie (as my co-workers will call it) because the ingredients are mainly powder sugar and butter (the butter cream nightmares) therefore, the matcha flavour balance out the sweetness. 

Now onto the actual making of the cookie 

Ingredients

Pastry Flour                        70g
Corn Starch                          7g
Powder Sugar                     25g
Butter                                 70g
Matcha Powder                    4g 

Instructions
*Always Preheat Oven* ( 350F)
1: Beat room temperature butter, add in powder sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy
2: Combine and sift Pastry Flour,Corn Starch, and Matcha Powder. 
3: Combine the above two, use a spatula and combine well until you have a dough
4: Use a piping bag to make whatever shape you like
5: Bake for 12-15 Minutes

-Enjoy-

No comments:

Post a Comment