Sunday, October 6, 2013

[Fall/Thanksgiving] Turkish Apple Pumpkin Pie

October 6, 2013

I've been debating really hard on what to make for this tea dessert, because I don't really eat pumpkin, none of my family members really liked pumpkin. But then, because when people say fall dessert, I automatically think about the harvest, and the first thing that comes to mind is pumpkin pie...(Maybe I've been living in this country too long...)

I don't really eat any dessert that is in pie form, nor do I like the western dessert spices "cinnamon" "nutmeg" etc. So in my recipe, I just excluded all the spices. but if you do like those spices, just add them in. 

This recipe will be super easy to make, and I have to say it turned out better than I expected, and the ingredients are so easy to find too. I guess pumpkin is like cheery, the original form of cheery is so delicious and good, however the artificial or the smell of fake cherry is really disgusting. Same as pumpkin, real pumpkin smells so fresh and good, and I really liked mashed pumpkin~ I guess it's only the fake, artificial smell of pumpkin that I hate, or maybe because all the products that has the scent also have cinnamons in them. 

Chá's Turkish apple tea smells soooooo good when I first opened the bag, very fruity and warm, PERFECT for this season. I thought it would be good to just use hot water to get the concentrate and the all the pieces all into the pie to make it really flavourful. However, I do find it after baking, the fruit pieces don't really have any flavours left, but I can taste the flavour in the pie, so I would say use some fresh apples at the bottom of the shell before adding the mixture. 

INGREDIENTS (enough to make 2 9inch 23cm pies): 

PIE SHELL

All purpose flour                   300g
Butter                                   150g(room temp)
Egg                                       1
Salt                                       1 pinch
Sugar                                    70g

1: Flour in a big bowl, add salt and sugar, mix well. 
2: Add room temp butter in small pieces, and mix with hand, when it's all crumble up, add in the egg, mix and roll into a ball
3: Pre heat oven 360 degrees (F)
4: Wrap the dough, and put into fridge for 30 minutes 
5: Use a rolling pin and flatten the dough and put in a pie mould, and use a fork to make little holes at the bottom. 
6: Bake for about 30 minutes.

PUMPKIN MIXTURE

Pumpkin                              600g
Egg                                     4
Milk/Coconut Milk              120cc
Chá Turkish Apple Tea       1 pouch   

1: Steam the pumpkin, use the fork to mash it
2: Beat the egg and add to the mashed pumpkin
3: Add sugar and spices to taste ( I didn't add any because I think the tea was sweeten, and I don't really like to use alot of sugar in my dessert)
4: Add milk, and the turkish apple concentrate juice
            * I use a small container to get the concentrate juice from tea, you can drain the juice and not use the fruit pieces, but in my case, I just throw everything in, and didn't add all the milk because it would be too watery if I add all the milk and the juice.
5: Pour the mixture in the pie shell and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.

This will be perfect for the fall or thanksgiving dessert~

HAPPY EARLY THANKSGIVING!!!

-The End- 


No comments:

Post a Comment