Monday, March 4, 2013

泰式炒麵 Thai Style Stir Fry Noodle

March 4, 2013

The original recipe is Thai style, but the only Thai about my recipe is the peanut sauce, because I  skipped the hot pepper since I was still having a sore throat and don't want to worsen it. It turned out pretty delicious though. I love the peanut sauce in my noodle since I was a little kid, now a days, whenever I get lazy, I just boil some frozen Udon, add some soy sauce, sugar and peanut sauce, and that will be my breakfast. ( I cannot have "sweet" breakfast, no cereal, no milk, no etc... I'm weird, I know) It tastes delicious and fulfilling and it's vegetarian too~ OK, that's for another day (maybe I will make a fancy version of it) 

Now for the noodle:



Ingredients:

Soy sauce                                  6 tbsp
Sugar                                         3 tsp
Cooking Wine                            6 tbsp
Garlic Oil                                    2 tbsp
Green Onion                               as desired 
Cilantro                                      as desired
Peanut sauce                              Spoonful

1:Cook the noodle in boiling water for 7-8 minutes, rinse under cold water and set it aside
2:Mix the soy sauce, sugar and cooking wine together in a bowl as shown in picture
3:In a hot pan, warm up the garlic oil
4:Once the oil is hot, put in the noodle and saute for about 2 minutes, so the noodles absorb the "hotness" from the pan and the aroma from the garlic oil
5:Add the soy sauce mixture
6:When the noodle soaks up all the liquid, add in the cilantro and green onion and stir
7:Add the peanut sauce before serving, it will give the noodle a rich and creamy texture. 


My mom's home made Garlic oil

Lard                           3 tbsp
Garlic                         1clove minced
Hot pepper flakes       1 tsp

In a hot pan, put in lard, when it becomes transparent, add the garlic and pepper, turn to low heat, stir occasionally so it doesn't burn, once the garlic starts to turn golden brown, it's a sign that it's ready. Store it in the fridge, and you can top on rice, noodle, whatever, and it's so delicious. 

Enjoy-


No comments:

Post a Comment